Welcome to the New Year!
Our first major event of 2018 will be the 12th Annual Juried Art Exhibition:
“Drawn From Nature” at the John James Audubon Center at Mill Grove will be opening April 13, 2018!
We are very excited for this year’s show for multiple reasons.
· First and foremost we would like to see the new work you have created over the last year.
· Secondly, two experienced jurors will be joining us: Cheryl Hochberg, Juror of Selection and Bruce Hoffman, Juror of Awards.
· Thirdly, the site will have just reopened this April after a winter closure for construction on the new Visitor Center and Museum.
Last year was our first with online submission and it went smoothly. We will use the same system this year: callforentry.org (CaFE). If you entered last year, all you will need to do this year is upload your new artwork and apply to the show, Drawn From Nature. The prospectus can be found attached to the bottom of this page, on the Cafe site, as well as on the Valley Forge Audubon website (http://valleyforgeaudubon.org/).
If you are new to online submission, there are 3 easy steps:
1. Create a free personal profile and portfolio of your work at callforentry.org where you will upload contact and submission information including title of work, medium, dimensions, price/value and year of completion.
2. Apply to Drawn from Nature. Once you have a profile and work in a CAFE portfolio, can search for the exhibit or go there directly: Drawn From Nature Entry.
3. Check out. The final step is to finalize and submit your entry, pay the registration fee to JJAC/VFAS either by credit card on the site or by mailing a check to JJAC.
A PDF found in the Downloadable Resources below has step by step instructions for online submissions, or you can use the CaFE website tutorials to assist with all aspects of the process. CaFe has a helpful tech support email and phone number: firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-562-7232.
Please note some key dates (all included in the attached prospectus and online at: https://www.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=4899)
January 4: Online submission opens
March 11: Application DEADLINE
March 19: All artists will receive an email identifying work that has been accepted or not accepted
April 7 & 8: Delivery of accepted work
April 13: Artist Reception and Awards
April 28: Show closes
April 29: Artwork Pickup
Thank you for your interest in the John James Audubon Center at Mill Grove and this exhibition. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Wendy Christie, email@example.com if you have questions, etc.